Is it possible to rent a Ferrari?
Ferrari, Mustang, Jaguar, Porsche … Shoot the first stone that never dreamed to be in front of the wheel of one of these wonderful machines. If this dream does not fit in your pocket, there is still a way to do it. How about renting a car like this for a few hours and feeling like driving it all your life? Besides, of course, to be able to get out with friends!
Overseas, luxury car rental has already been a well-established market for a long time, with several model options for customers, but in Brazil only recently the mode has begun to mesh. There are 23,000 vehicles in the country available for rent, and the city of São Paulo concentrates 26% of this fleet. Driving around here a Ferrari 360 Modena costs, on average, $ 1,600.00 per hour – in fact, the amounts charged are per hour and not per day.
Check out some tips for renting a luxury car:
What do I need to rent a sports car?
- Be 21 years old;
- Present original and valid driver’s license (CNH), issued for at least 2 years;
- Original RG and CPF (foreigner: original passport);
- Carry a credit card of your own, within the validity, with limit available for debit of the deposit (the amounts vary by car rental, by vehicle category, by the period of the car rental and, in some cases, by the type of contracted protection );
- There can be no financial restriction in the CPF;
- Some companies ask the customer to carry an original proof of address.
What you will be entitled to when renting
The lease can be by hour or by mileage, with partial insurance of the vehicle (there is charge of franchise);
Driver or companion: depending on the company, it offers a companion to assist in the direction of the machine, for example, it can do from 0 to 100 km in 4 seconds;
Fees and taxes
Typically, the collection of fees and taxes is added to the rates, and when applicable, also in the optional; these values are between 5% and 10.9%, and are collected by the rental companies.
The rental companies offer the insurance service included in the contract. There is, however, a counterpart. Generally, the insurance does not cover the excessive or excessively risky use of the vehicle (such as running too much, doing unusual maneuvers, avoiding the intended route, etc.), and for luxury cars, many companies require an employee to accompany the whole course. It is worth remembering that we are talking here about cars that cost an average of R $ 250 thousand.