How to Wear a Skirt with Boots – Cold weather fashion trends complete individual style of a woman and provide heat to cool temperatures. A popular trend for women in the fall and winter is to wear a skirt with high boots. This fun fashion statement is versatile for a work outfit, occasional outings and nights on the city. Figuring out how to wear a skirt with high boots will ensure you always look collected, sophisticated and, above all, confident.
- Invest in a pair of high-quality boots. A “high” boot is classically defined as a shoe that reaches the knees. The shoe should be snug around your calf. Consider a style that is neutral in color like brown or black and leather or suede to match a variety of outfits like Frye boots. Choose a flat heel or boot style that matches your personal tastes and needs.
- Buy several pairs of pantyhose. Consider models by hue for long term durability (and many choices). Styles such as rafters, ribbed, cotton and bright colors can be easy ways to refresh an outfit or make a statement when wearing high boots with a skirt. Wear tights or hoses with a skirt and boots to avoid revealing the bare legs.
- Choose a skirt. Consider the function, and choose a suitable skirt. Work sets may require a knee or more skirt, while social events can promote shorter pairing skirt with high boots. Skirts that look great with high boots include A-line, full, narrow and short styles.
- Appropriate outfit. Workday? Choose a fully equipped, knee-length solid-coloured kitchen with herringbone and high black boots. A romantic rendezvous? Select a skirt that shows your shape and boost your confidence, and pair it with brightly colored tights (like red) and high boots (with a heel). Shopping? Outfit with function in mind, like a long flowy skirt, cotton tights and boots to keep your legs warm and your body comfortable as you check your list of things to do.
- Avoid outfitting traps. Do not equip monochromatically, such as pairing a black skirt, opaque black pipe, and large black boots. Also, unless you like rocking in the crazy style, be vigilant about the mix-and-matching to a funky-patterned skirt with shiny pantyhose and red vinyl high boots.
- Use Resource Outfitters. Study the pages of Vogue and in the style of magazines for inspiration, and check the catwalks to learn professional stylists and designers pair their skirts with high boots. Look for ways to define your own personal style with the classic trend.
Tips and warnings
Although high boots can cost more than $150, the investment should last several years of wear and tear.