Signs You Need to Change Your Fuel Filter – The maintenance of a car passes through the health accompaniment of all its parts. Know the importance that the fuel filter plays in the functioning of a car and in the preservation of the engine. Changing the fuel filter is being friendly to the environment and removing the maximum yield from your car. Learn everything then and take a lot of dividends with that.
What is the car fuel filter
The fuel filter is one of the indispensable parts for the proper functioning of a car and for the longevity of the engine.
The main function is to filter the fuel, eliminating the largest number of solid residues, excluding all the water that may be contained in them. These particles or impurities may be present in the fuel tank, or even in the fuel itself and its passage causes high damage to the injection pump of an automobile. The mesh of the gasoline or diesel filter will be narrowing as the impurities accumulate and that leads to the decrease in the fuel passage and the increase of carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere. It is imperial that the fuel filter is in good condition for your automobile to be a friend of the environment.
The fuel filter is installed next to the petrol/diesel tank or near the engine inlet (especially in the cars that have electronic injection) and must be reviewed according to the date indicated by the manufacturer or on average at 10.000 kilometers.
Types of filters
When he takes his car to the mechanic and hears several times the same answer “that the filter is causing this problem” do not think badly of his mechanic, imagining that he is going in his pocket. This happens because automobiles have four different filters, they are oil filter, air filter, passenger compartment filter and fuel filter.
Each of them has a specific function, i.e. the retention of impurities. All residues are filtered to prevent damage to engine parts (oil filter), Motor (air filter), injection system (fuel filter) and automobile ventilation (passenger compartment filter).
In relation to the composition of the fuel filters, it is to highlight that they vary according to the fuel they are using, diesel or gasoline; And they can be wool, paper cartridge or armored.
A regular overhaul of your car and a steady check of the automobile parts, particularly the fuel filter, will allow you to avoid excessive consumption of diesel/petrol and save a lot of money in maintaining your car.
Signs You Need to Change Your Fuel Filter
To have no substantial losses, you must be aware of the signals your car presents and indicating that the fuel filter should be replaced. There are several factors influencing a car’s fuel filter change, such as:
- Difficulties in the start of the car: when connecting the car denotes difficulties when starting, sensing failures in the engine, that means that petrol/diesel is not passing correctly. It is necessary to check that the fuel filter is dirty and clogged if so it is necessary to change it;
- Slow or irregular gait: when the vehicle is idling or accelerating, this indicates that the fuel is not properly feeding the engine. In these cases it is mandatory to see where the fuel filter is located so that it will later or earlier do not come out a black smoke cloud of your car’s exhaust;
- Rust: When in the warehouse of a car is rusted, it does not bode anything good, as rust can cause irreparable damage to the level of the car injection system, namely in carburetor and injector nozzles. Before this succeeds, you must replace the fuel filter.
- It is advisable to always fill the tank of your car. When you choose to fill the eyedropper, part of the deposit is not used and, as such, it is susceptible to rust more easily;
- Fuel: Never mix diesel petrol or use dirty petrol, that will cause gigantic damage to the injection system and the engine of your car. If your car is moving the gasoline, use lead-free petrol or with a low octane rating to minimize incrustations in the combustion chamber. Do not forget that the fuel quality leaves much to be desired and, as such, should anticipate replacing the petrol filter;
If you’ve ever detected these symptoms in your car, don’t wait any longer! Take your car to an automobile workshop to change the fuel filter, or change it yourself, so you can save a lot more. See how soon.
How to change the fuel filter
The replacement of the fuel filter, although it is an apparently easy procedure, requires technical expertise, especially in relation to the concrete application of the fuel filter. You can do it in five steps:
- Check the engine filling tube lid and unscrew it firmly;
- Remove the lid from the fuel filling tube and drain it into a container, tilting the motor in the direction of the filling rim;
- Then carefully remove the fuel filter from the fuel filling tubing with the help of a mechanical rod;
- Check the dirt level of the fuel filter. If this is dirty, rinse it thoroughly with a non-flammable or high-flashpoint solvent. If the filter is excessively dirty, replace it;
- Finally, replace the fuel filter in the tank and tighten the fuel filter lid firmly.
The fuel filter allows the pure absorption of gasoline/diesel, i.e. without any kind of impurity, which protects the injection system and increases the longevity of the engine of your car. The survey of your car parts, as in the case of the fuel filter, allows you to save a lot of time and money while you are being friendly to the environment.