Toyota Camry Recommended Tire Pressure
WHY IS TIRE PRESSURE SO IMPORTANT?
Tire pressure affects the driving, turning, braking and fuel efficiency of your vehicle, which you should be able to rely on. In addition, a tire with the wrong pressure will wear out faster and could put your safety at risk.
Check pressure regularly
Tires are constantly losing pressure.
Even under ideal conditions, the tires lose about 0.69 bar or 1 pound-per-square-inch (psi) per month, which increases with temperature.
So check the tire pressure at least once a month (and take the time to inspect the floors well ).
If you do not know the recommended pressure, you can find this information in your vehicle owner’s manual or on the tire sidewall if you want to know the maximum pressure.
HOW TO CHECK PRESSURE
- Use a pressure gauge. Buy a pressure gauge or use one at your local workshop.
- Read the tire pressure when the tires are cold as tires warm up during driving, which can affect the reading. Please check in the morning.
- Unscrew the valve cap and place the pressure gauge on the valve. It is normal to hear a hissing sound, so you should not worry.
- Read the pressure on the pressure gauge and compare with the recommended pressure for your tires.
Add more air, if necessary, by using your air compressor or by going to your local workshop.
- Recheck the pressure using the pressure gauge and compare to the manufacturer’s specifications until the correct pressure is obtained.
- Replace the valve caps on each tire.
- Do this on all tires. If the pressure drop is excessive, get help in your workshop. It may be due to improperly fitted rims or a damaged valve.